Every organization, regardless of type or size, should have a strategic plan in place. Strategic planning is an organization’s process of defining its strategic direction and making decisions about how it will allocate its resources to pursue this direction. In short, the purpose of strategic planning is to help an organization establish priorities to better meet its mission.
Information Communication Technology (ICT) is a business imperative in this day and age. Technology has changed every sector, and the aging services field is no exception. Hence, strategic ICT planning must be an integral part of an organization’s strategic planning and enterprise governance.
The Bangsamoro Information and Communications Technology (BICTO) spearheaded the Bangsamoro E-Government Master Plan Strategic Planning Workshop (BEGMP) last April 25-27, 2022 at Bangsamoro Planning and Development Authority Conference Hall. A strategic planning encompasses an organization in a high-level plan that can help to ensure that the organization achieves its strategic goals and objectives.
The three-day (3) activity resulted into formulation of the BEGMP vision, mission, goals and objectives at the same time is the election of the interim officers of the Bangsamoro Information and Communications Technology Association (BICTA).
DIGITIZED GOVERNMENT FOR TRANSFORMATIVE BANGSAMORO
ESTABLISHING A SECURED DIGITALLY EMPOWERED BANGSAMORO GOVERNMENT FOR A TRANSPARENT, ACCESSIBLE AND SUSTAINABILITY DELIVERY OF SERVICES
GOAL # 1 – To institutionalize Bangsamoro E-Government Framework (G2G, G2E)
(OBJECTIVE) Formulation of the E-Government Framework
• Conduct consultation to different stakeholders
• Conduct study and benchmarking on existing E-Government Framework
• Develop a comprehensive Bangsamoro E-Government Framework(OBJECTIVE) Develop policies on ICT best practices
• Conduct research on existing ICT Policy
• Develop a policy-based research related to ICT
• Develop policies to ensure compliance to Data Privacy Act, and other relevant ICT law, policies, and standards
GOAL # 2 – To Improve better government transparent decision making through public participations in e-governance (G2G, G2C)
(OBJECTIVE) To provide a one-stop-shop (portal) that citizens can raise concern to government and citizens access government online services to Establish one-stop-shop portal for all e-government services to Develop standardized template and guidelines for common Content Management System (CMS)(OBJECTIVE) To provide e-government platforms that will allow public to participate in the government’s decision making or Develop an e-consultation portal
GOAL #3 – To develop sustainable secured digital infrastructure (G2G)
GOAL # 4 – To facilitate an efficient and effective digital connectivity services (G2B)
(OBJECTIVE) To facilitate the development of ICT infrastructure that will serve as the data warehouse, and high-way for e-government service and platforms
• Establish Data Center
• Establish Bangsamoro Gov’t Network
• Establish Ministry/Office Local Network
(OBJECTIVE) Invest on a digital infrastructure that act as a backbone to provide better connectivity
• To provide sufficient budget allocation for digital infrastructure.
• Intensify collaboration between Public-Private partnership to develop a digital network infrastructure.
• Increase access of business entities of government forms
• Reduce burden by providing one-stop access to information
• Reduce Red Tape transaction in E-procurement.
• Increase access to users for fast and reliable internet connection
• Improve government websites/portals into a transactional system to ease the delivery of public service. (G2C)
• Promote digital literacy to enhance public engagement.
GOAL # 5 – To improve access to data, information, and knowledge
(OBJECTIVE) Create a data management policy for the Bangsamoro Government to Develop policies on proper Data Management of Government Data
(OBJECTIVE) Establish Integrated E-Government Systems and platform to support government operations, service delivery and decision making
• Create policy on data sharing between Bangsamoro Ministries/Offices
• To develop an open-data platform and knowledge management systems
• To Develop an integrated common government information system(OBJECTIVE) To foster the development of BARMM IT Professionals
• Organize council for IT Professional
• Standardize structure of IT division/section/unit for ministries, agencies, and offices
• Conduct assessment on various IT Professional skills and expertise
• Conduct various IT capacity building—𝘉𝘐𝘊𝘛𝘖 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘺, 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘤𝘰𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘉𝘈𝘙𝘔𝘔 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘥𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘶𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘦𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘩𝘯𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘺 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦, 𝘴𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘴, 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥, 𝘴𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘤, 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮 𝘰𝘧 𝘨𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦. 𝘉𝘐𝘊𝘛𝘖 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱 𝘰𝘧 𝘌𝘹𝘦𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘋𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘰𝘳 𝘋𝘳. 𝘑𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘔. 𝘔𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘺𝘢𝘯.